Membership of Brass Bands England includes membership with Making Music. This means you have full access to all their services and guidance. Making Music explain more below about who they are and how they can help.
Who are Making Music?
As the UK’s largest membership organisation for leisure-time music groups, we exist to serve you. We want to see the leisure-time music sector succeed with everyone in the UK having access to play and enjoy music wherever they are. Our community consists of over 3,800 members groups across the UK from choral societies and orchestras to ukulele groups, community choirs and, of course, brass bands. We are here to help, support and guide your music group when you need it, where you need it, on whatever gets in your way of making music.
What will you get for your membership?
By activating your free membership, all your group members can get immediate help and support with anything related to running or being part of a brass band. Perhaps you’re looking for a cost-effective, bespoke brass band insurance package? Or maybe the admin for your group is taking up too much time and money? Perhaps you want to talk to someone about paying PRS (Performing Rights) fees?
Whatever it may be, we help our members in any way we can so you can get on with doing what you love best – making music!
On top of this, we work hard to respond to any threats to music making. We lobby to protect your interests, fight for what matters to you and ensure that your successes are celebrated.
Key member benefits
- Group Insurance: Get piece of mind that your rehearsals and performances are fully covered by taking out a comprehensive insurance package. BBE membership and our insurance premium usually cost less than the price of a comparable insurance policy elsewhere. The exclusive Brass package is designed to meet the specific insurance needs of Brass Bands.
- Orchestra Tax Relief Service: Reclaim your production costs! So far, our groups have claimed over £250,000 of their performing costs. If your group contains 12 or more instrumentalists, then you could be eligible for this income boost. Let us check and submit the paperwork for you!
- MM Platform: Modernise the way that you manage your group with our all-in-one platform service. Bring your members together online to one centralised location to manage group subscriptions, rehearsal times and location, attendance, fundraising and much more. The package includes a new customisable website for free.
- PRS Service: if you perform in a venue that is not licensed by PRS for Music, save time and money by paying your performing royalty fees through us.
- Discounts: save money by accessing discounts on hearing protection, venue hire, sheet music, music tours, music technology, online ticketing, and music lessons through our corporate members and partners.
And so much more!
How do you access these benefits?
Brass Bands England have already taken care of your Making Music membership for you – so all you need to do is activate it on our website. Activation takes just a few clicks and gives every member of your group access to all our services and support.