Brass Bands England’s BandSafe is an industry leading selection of tools, training and resources to help you manage your band or music group in a way that safeguards all your members from harm and the group from possible reputational damage. A safer group will make a healthy atmosphere for all and should have the added benefit of increased membership, developing younger players and community linking.
The programme is made up of several elements that you can use to help you become BandSafe:
BandSafe Toolkit: will help you write and understand your organisations safeguarding policy and has been developed in partnership with the NSPCC
BandSafe Training: Also developed with the NSPCC this 3h workshop is tailored to the challenges you might face in a band or voluntary music-making environment. A must for all organisation safeguarding officers
BBE-held BOPA: this admin saving online will allow your music group to comply with the need for Child Performance Licensing without getting swamped with all the admin. You will need to have completed the BandSafe Training and Toolkit in order to use the BBE-held BOPA.
Further Safeguarding Information
Safeguarding advice: for any help with Safeguarding our staff team are available on the phone just give us a call.
Book onto a BandSafe training date:
- Tuesday 8 June 2021: 6 - 9.30pm
- Saturday 12 June 2021: 9am - 12.30pm
- Thursday 17 June 2021: 6 - 9.30pm
- Saturday 3 July 2021: 9am - 12.30pm
- Thursday 8 July 2021: 6 - 9.30pm
- Wednesday 14 July 2021: 6 - 9.30pm
- Tuesday 20 July 2021: 6 - 9.30pm
- Thursday 5 August 2021: 1 - 4.30pm
- Thursday 2 September 2021: 1 - 4.30pm
- Thursday 16 September 2021: 6 - 9.30pm
Visit our Events Page to all upcoming Brass Bands England events.